The rainy season runs from June to October and the dry season from November to May. The summer is March and April. If you look the nature in the Philippines you will see this wonderful green color. You should be aware that Philippines is a tropical country and so even in the dry season, due to the weather changes rain can happen in any time.
Average surface temperature ranges from a low of 22°C to a high of 33°C. The coolest temperatures are usually experienced during January, while the hottest temperatures are felt in April and May.
Average water temperature ranges from 24°C to 26°C during the months of December to March and 26°C to 29°C from April to November.
Water visibility ranges from 3 to 10 meters from December to February, 10 to 30 meters from March to May, and 10 to 15 meters from June to November. The best time for diving at El Nido is during the months of March to May, when surface conditions are best.
There are two options for transportation to El Nido :
- Manila — El Nido : ITI offers direct flights from Manila to El Nido; the fare is between 6,500 to 7,500 each way.
- Manila - Puerto Princesa : El Nido is a municipality in Northern Palawan. First thing you need to do is ﬂy to Puerto Princesa Airport in central Palawan. Its airport receives regular flights from Manila and Cebu via CebuPacific, PAL Express, and other local carriers.
Upon landing, you still have to cover about 220 kilometers of highway.
From Puerto Princesa going to El Nido you will have choice at the bus terminal (San Jose station) between van or buses (from 6 am to 9 pm) the ride can take you between 5 to 8 hours.
- There are no reliable ATM's in El Nido.
- Only a few resorts and restaurants accept credit cards.
- You must bring enough cash to cover your time in El Nido.
- Western Union can be a solution to get cash.
Filipino (tagalog) and english are the 2 offical languages.
Exploring experience of the ifugao ethnic group by trekking and expedition
We work to suggest you different kind of trekking and expeditions. Our main goal is to immerse you in the culture and to let you discover the way of life of the ifugao ethnic group.
Our expeditions are more than just a trekking holiday. We wait for you here in Banaue and we will take care of you until you will be leaving that place. We take you off the beaten track : we will visit remote villages , discover breath-taking landscapes among the centuries rice terraces ,sample food harvested locally cooked overan open fire (local way of cooking), sleep undera tent or small native house.
Our well trained team of guides are all from the ifugao province, so they will be happy to share their local knowledges with you and make you leave a special moment.
If you need any further information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org