The Philippines is an archipelago composed of 7,107 islands, only a handful of which are large enough to accommodate crtiical infrastructure such as hospitals and schools.
Palawan, known as the last frontier of the Philippines due mainly to its geographic remoteness and lack of infrastructure, comprises hundred islands. There are many fishing villages from different ethnic groups who migrated to the region decades ago.
These villages are sometimes located in the middle of the China or Sulu sea, often several hours by boat to the next village. With few resources, the families who are extremely poor, are unable to send their children to school which is also several hours away by boat.
Kaïsa Foundation believes access to a better life through education is possible, regardless of social status or ethnicity.
On many remote islands of the Philippines, going to school is a very difficult task. Kaïsa Foundation’s goal is to help these children get an education from a young age.
Respect children's rights; Trust; Community and identity autonomy; Sustainability; Cultural protection of ethnic groups; Freedom
- Improve access to education by bulding schools in rural areas on remote islands of the Philippines.
- Improve school infrastructure through investment in libraries and furniture. The goal is to provode all the tools necessary for intellectual development of the children.
- Help the community to get involved by electing a village representative to the project.
- Contribute to the awareness of education for chidlren by giving them the educational tools they need.
- Support independence of communities and respect their way of life by promoting their culture and minimizing their migration to big city.
- Reinforce the culture which may be different from island to island in order to preserve this human diversity.
- Help communities improve their standard of living by helping them develop livelihoods.
- Promote Filipino culture in western countries through intiatives of local communities.
Education: creation of new schools
Community support: promotion of livelihood
Sustainable development: protection of the local culture
Environmental support project